One Simple Trick to Determine the Size of Art Needed
Posted on March 06, 2015 by Kate Moynihan | 0 comments
Of course a tape measure works just fine to record the number of inches needed, even without a tape measure, you can to visualize how a big piece of art will fill a wall., try this:
- Cut a piece of cardboard approximate size you think will fit the space.
- Have someone hold the board in the location you're trying to add interest.
- Observe the composition and ask yourself several questions:
- Like in the photo above, are you trying to make the collection of furniture and cardboard/art one focal point?
- Or are you trying to center the 'art' on the entire wall while balancing the weight of the entire wall. If so, perhaps you want to extend the 'art' beyond the cabinet.
- Hint: If you don’t have poster size cardboard, you can tape paper grocery bags together. Catch the next blog post for a trick on how to hang wall groupings.